Effective Date: 2023-03-24
1.1 Purpose of the Document
This document describes the differences between SimplerQMS 2.9 and SimplerQMS 3.0.
1.2 Objectives for SimplerQMS 3.0 based on customer feedback
Majority of the changes in the SimplerQMS 3.0 release has been driven by user feedback. The changes are divided into major and minor updates of existing functionality from SimplerQMS 3.0.
There are no prerequisites in SimplerQMS 2.9 to be met or managed by customers, prior to roll-out of SimplerQMS 3.0.
2 Summary of 3.0 release
2.1 Major New Features
2.2 Major Improvements
2.3 Minor Updates
3 New Action feature
A new enhanced action feature replaces the assignment function.
It allows users for creating quick actions for the user itself and others.
Some of the key features are:
- Set due date and grace periods to allow future actions
- Add the affected processes and any relevant documents and other objects to an action
- Request that one or all assignees complete the action – and determine if electronic signatures are required
- Flexible workflow allowing for completion, rejection and discarding of Actions
- For Actions related to CAPA or Change Requests, the action will block approval of these documents until Action is completed
4 License Overview
With the new License Dashboard, it is now possible to get a full overview of your licenses. The Metadata Administrator can:
- View the total number of licesens purchase for each license type
- See a list of who is logged in and logged out for each license type
- Force log-out of concurrent users, in case they forget to logout
5 Controlled Printing
The new Controlled Printing feature is available upon request.
This will control printing and download of released Templates and Quality Documents and add unique footers to track all copies generated:
- Record all print details such as reason for printing, a unique print number, who printed and when
- Track printout status and recall print-outs to ensure they are destroyed
- Monitor all controlled copies in circulation
- In the setup process, you can determine what documents are in scope for each document type
This feature is not automatically activated. Please contact your SimplerQMS Training & Implementation Lead for more info.
6 Bug Corrections
- Bug: Documents under Change Control could be retired with the periodic document review flow.
Fix: CR requirements added to retire the documents.
- Bug: CR could get stuck when retiring, if too many objects assigned.
Fix: Workflow updated to manage all documents.
- Bug: Documents could still be released if PDF processing failed.
Fix: Documents are prevented from released if PDF processing fails.
- Bug: In CRs, conclusions were deleted when routed to draft.
Fix: Conclusions are not deleted anymore.
- Bug: Admin account could be selected in some cases when assigning to training groups.
Fix: Admin accounts are hidden.
- Bug: In special cases, documents could stay checked out by M-Files.
Fix: Resolution has been implemented in backend.
- Bug: A CR related view “Document on retired templates” had an incorrect filter setting showing old CRs from version 2.7 and prior.
Fix: Filter has been updated.
- Bug: If controlled items were added to a CR and then deselected again, references to the deselected items continued to appear.
Fix: Controlled Item property updated.