Installing M-Files on a PC.
Outcomes and Prerequisites
M-Files has been installed on a PC.
The PC must comply with the system requirements, see https://www.m-files.com/user-guide/latest/eng/operating_system_requirements.html
Step 1 – Download the M-Files Installation Package
Go through the following steps to install M-Files:
Open a web browser and go to www.simplerqms.com/m-files. You will be redirected to our file share on SharePoint.
Download the installation file and run it:
Step 2 – Install the M-Files Online Application
The M-Files Installation Wizard will appear:
- Click “Next”. The End-User License Agreement will now appear.
- Select “I accept the license agreement” and click “Next”
- Depending on your Windows version and setup, the following dialogue box might appear: “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?” Click Yes. M-Files will now start installing.
- You will then see: “M-Files has been successfully installed.”
- Leave the check box checked “Start M-Files Desktop configuration.”
- Click Finish.
Step 3 – Adding a New Vault
You should now see the following box:
If you don’t see the M-Files Desktop Settings box as shown above, then right-click on the M-icon in the Windows Hidden Icons Tray at the bottom right of your screen. Then click Settings > M-Files Desktop Settings.
Step 4 – Setting up the SimplerQMS Training Vault
This vault is used for training in the different SimplerQMS modules. This is a shared vault across all customers, so make sure that you do not upload anything confidential once you gain access.
- Into the window that opens after clicking on “Add”, input the following information:
- Name: SimplerQMS Training
- Server Name: simplerqmstest2.cloudvault.m-files.com
- Port Number: 443
- Protocol: gRPC
- Test the Connection by clicking on “Test Connection”
- this should say it succeeded to confirm that all the details above are correct
- Set the Authentication to: Specific Windows User
- Remove the Check mark in “Log in automatically when Windows is started”
5. Click on the empty drop-down next to “Vault on Server”. A Microsoft Log-in window will open:
6. If you previously used another Microsoft account, then click “Use another account”
7. Log in using the credentials you receive from our team members
- Look out for the following:
- The email address should end in “@simplerqmstest2.com”
- Your password will need to be set after entering the temporary password you have received from us
8. After log-in the “Vault on the server” will display ‘SimplerQMS Test 2’. Select this option
9. Click OK to save the Vault Connection
10. Click Close to close the Vault Connections box
Step 5 – Start M-Files Online
Start the M-Files application by clicking on the M-Files desktop icon.
Select the vault you wish to log into.
Enter the username and password again. (if prompted)
Wait for this dialogue box to appear (this can take up to 20 sec.):
Click Allow. The M-Files Applications has now been installed and will now open.