Learn how to:
- Create new customers and customer contacts
- Edit and maintain customers and contacts in the metadata card
Outcomes and Prerequisites
Section 1: Creating Customer Record
Step 1.1 – Create new customers – Initiator
To carry out all following steps, you need to be a part of the “Sales” user group.
There are multiple ways to create a customer in SimplerQMS:
- In the Create New section, on your Home page, click on Customer
2. Click onthe Create (+) button next to Home Tab and choose Customer from the dropdown list
3. On the right side of the screen, expand Create and click on Customer
A Metadata Card will pop up.
Step 1.2 – Fill out metadata card for Customer
Fill the following sections on the metadata card: required fields are marked with an asterisk (*)
Part 1: Customer Information
When you have filled in the relevant fields, click Create.
A customer is created with a unique number assigned by the system and the state changes to “Current Customer” which means that it will be presented in the customer list as an active customer.
NOTE: Setting the customer to “Not current – Archive” removes it from the customer list as it is set to Not Archive.
Section 2: Adding Customer Contact Person
Step 2.1 – Add customer contact person
- Select the customer where you need to create a Contact Person.
- Click Add New Customer Contact in the Task Area under Actions.
The customer metadata will be copied to the new Contact record as a starting point.
Step 2.2 – Fill out the metadata card
Part 2: Customer Contact Person Information
When you are done filling out the relevant fields, then click Create